Entryway Railing Christmas Garland (86 feet) for Under $120
Christmas season is on the horizon and this year I am getting a head start on styling our home with all of the holiday decor that adds to the sparkle of the holidays. Our two-story entry was first on my list and I needed to find holiday garland and bows for our iron railing so I could create the vision I had n my mind. As soon as I set out to bring my entryway railing vision to life I quickly discovered that holiday garland is a hot item with a hot ticket price. I decided to get creative and figure out a budget friendly plan to turn our black iron railing into a Christmas dream.
I knew that I could not spend $1000 on garland for our stair railing but I was determined to find a reasonable solution for our space. After hours of searching every store you can possibly think of I I ended up finding the perfect garland at Walmart. I am happy to share that I decorated our entryway stair railing with 86 ft of garland for under $120.
The key to keeping holiday garland budget friendly is to purchase a nicer garland unlit and add a less expensive garland that is pre-lit to create a pre-lit look for the garland together. After a little bit of trial and error I finally figured out what would work and ended up creating this beautiful holiday entryway.
The goal was to keep this garland budget friendly and beautiful at the same time. I’m definitely not a designer but I’m a pretend designer in my head and I think this turned out pretty great for under $120.
I hope our entryway garland inspires you to find something that works for you within your seasonal budget. If you would like to recreate this look I will list the details and steps below.
Garland Extras (Optional)
- * (1) Black Wired Satin Ribbon 2 1/2″ X 25 Yards
- * Set of 3 Hanging Harmony Bells Garden Rustic Relaxing Tranquil Wind Chimes
- Take one of the 4) Holiday Time 9-Foot Artificial Sonoma Cypress Evergreen Christmas Garland and lay it out on the floor.
- Put the (2) Holiday Time 25′ Pre-Lit Soft Artificial Christmas Garland, Clear Incandescent Lights down next to it and start winding it around the 9-Foot garland. You will have extra garland on the end.
- Take the garland that you have started and hang it on the railing with Black Zip Ties. There will be extra Pre-lit garland on the end.
- Take the next 9-Foot garland and hang it up with zip ties. Then you will carefully continue twisting the Pre-lit garland around it until it is at the end.
- Complete the above steps for as much garland as you will need for your railing.
- Attach and secure all of the garland with zip ties.
- Once your garland is up you will begin fluffing it and making it look the way you prefer it to look.
- Then you can attach Black Wired Satin Ribbon 2 1/2″ X 25 Yards, Set of 3 Hanging Harmony Bells Garden Rustic Relaxing Tranquil Wind Chimes and.or any type of additional decor that you would like to add.
I hope you have fun this holiday season styling your home, cooking and creating in your kitchen, and enjoying your home with your friends and family this holiday season. If you decide to give this holiday garland a try I would love to hear about it.
*If you purchase any of the items with an asterisk I may receive a commission from Amazon only.