Easy Valentine’s Day Breakfast Pastry
Holidays are the best time to bring some sparkle to our homes and I love doing that with fun recipes for my family. Today I am sharing with you one of our favorite Valentine treats. I hope this simple yet fun recipe will become a favorite with your family too.
You can serve this for breakfast, lunch, or dessert after dinner. The best part is the flexibility in this type of recipe allows you to adjust it according to your family’s dietary preferences. You can buy a premade pastry or you can make your own pastry dough at home.
In this post I’m sharing with you a fun, simple way to make a homemade treat using a store bought pastry dough.
Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter
1 Package Pastry Dough (Wewalka Puff Pastry Flaky Layers)
Strawberry Jelly (Santa Cruz Organic Strawberry Fruit Spread)
1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Get a cookie sheet and put parchment paper on it .
- Unroll the pastry dough on your counter or on a separate parchment paper (you do not need to roll the dough. You may choose to roll the remaining dough at the end to create additional hearts)
- Use the heart shape cookie cutter to make hearts rotating the orientation every other heart to make 24 hearts (number may vary based on the size of your cookie cutter)
- Put 12 hearts on your cookie sheet.
- Put a teaspoon of Jelly on each heart
- Take the remaining hearts and top them over the jelly hearts
- Use a fork to connect the heart edges together all the way around.
- Brush the hearts on the edges and on top with egg white
- Add your favorite sprinkles on top
- Bake for 12 -15 minutes depending on your oven
Tip: Make these ahead and store them in fridge and pull them out in the morning for breakfast the week of Valentine’s Day. You can pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds and it should be perfect.